The following are descriptions and links to certain key legal documents and filings in this case:
December 29, 2014
Judge Furman grants Broadspring’s motion to strike Adblade’s unclean hands defense and grants several of Broadspring’s motions in limine. Judge Furman denies almost all of Adblade’s motions in limine. Link
November 21, 2014
Broadspring files reply memorandum of law in further support of its motion to strike Adblade’s unclean hands defense. Link
October 30, 2014
Judge Furman awards Broadspring $85,273.86 in attorney’s fees and costs incurred as a result of Adblade’s spoliation of Instant Messages and its abuse use of the Attorneys’ Eyes Only designation.
October 27, 2014
Broadspring files motion to strike Adblade’s unclean hands defense. Link
October 24, 2014
Broadspring files memoranda of law in opposition to Defendants’ six motions in limine. Link
October 10, 2014
Broadspring files five in limine motions seeking exclusion of certain evidence. Link
August 28, 2014
Broadspring files Second Amended Complaint Link
August 20, 2014
Judge Furman rules on seven pending motions as follows: Link
- Denied Defendants’ motion for summary judgment except with respect to one minor claim against Ashraf Nashed personally.
- Granted Broadspring’s motion for summary judgment, dismissing Adblade’s counterclaims for tortious interference and unfair competition.
- Granted in part Plaintiff’s motion to exclude testimony of Adblade’s spyware expert, Lance James, and denied Adblade’s motion to exclude the testimony of Broadspring’s spyware expert, Marty Lafferty.
- Granted Broadspring’s motion for sanctions based on Adblade’s improper designation of documents as Attorneys’ Eyes Only, and granted in part Broadspring’s motion for sanctions due to the spoliation of Instant Messages by Defendants. The Court found that Broadspring was entitled to attorney’s fees and costs incurred as a result of Defendants’ spoliation of IMs and their gross abuse use of the Attorney’s Eyes Only designation.
- Granted Broadspring’s motion for leave to file a Second Amended Complaint.
January 17, 2014
Broadspring files reply memoranda of law in further support of its motion for summary judgment Link, motion to preclude Lance James Link, and motion for sanctions due to spoliation of evidence. Link
December 18, 2013
Broadspring files three motions: a motion for summary judgment as to Congoo’s tortious interference and unfair competition counterclaims Link, a motion to preclude Congoo’s expert witness, Lance James, from testifying Link, and a motion for sanctions due to Adblade’s failure to preserve its Instant Messages. Link
November 13, 2013
Broadspring files motion for leave to file a Second Amended Complaint Link; files reply memorandum of law in further support of its motion seeking re-designation of AEO documents. Link
November 1, 2013
Broadspring files motion seeking re-designation of Attorneys’ Eyes Only (AEO) documents and monetary sanctions due to Adblade’s abuse of AEO designation throughout the lawsuit. Link